18 Oct Improving Your Teeth and Restoring Your Smile with Dental Veneers
It’s well known that a person’s smile is usually the first thing that others notice about them. Considering that this is one of the primary elements of your appearance and that other individuals make value judgments about you based on feature, it makes sense that you would want to be feel good about it. When it comes to having the perfect smile, your teeth are the most significant element involved. Unfortunately, there are too many individuals do not feel good about their smile and are embarrassed by its appearance.
The importance of Veneers
For many individuals today, going to the dentist and getting beautiful veneers is the best solution for having perfect looking teeth and restoring their smiles. Veneers are very thin pieces of ceramic (porcelain) material that the dentist secures to the front of your teeth with a dental adhesive. These prosthetics are designed to accommodate each patient and mimic their natural tooth enamel. They not only help a person restore their smile, they help to restore their self-confidence and self-esteem as well.
Furthermore, porcelain veneers are an excellent cosmetic dental option for concealing certain defects such as:
- broken, chipped, and cracked teeth
- discolored or stained teeth
- slight gaps between teeth
- slightly misaligned teeth
Needless to say, there are a number of reasons to consider getting beautiful veneers. But the bottom line is that they are one of the better ways to improve the appearance of your teeth and help you start showing off a perfect smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
If you are trying to decide between veneers and another cosmetic dentistry option, it is best to learn as much as you can about them and the benefits they provide including:
- Better option for people with unique circumstances – this is especially true for people who have teeth that are severely discolored, malformed, or misaligned.
- Gum tissues are more tolerant of porcelain – when you compare composite to porcelain veneers, gum tissues tend to be less tolerant of composite materials.
- More durable than composite resin veneers – outside of good oral hygiene practices, porcelain veneers can last up to 25 years and rarely require much maintenance. Over time, composite resin veneers may chip or become detached from the tooth.
- Porcelain veneers are an ideal option for misaligned or smaller teeth – veneers are made by taking a mold of the patient’s teeth and then sized in order to fit properly so they resemble your natural teeth.
If they’re properly cared for, beautiful veneers can be the perfect cosmetic enhancement for your teeth. Furthermore, they’re one of the better cosmetic dental options for your teeth because of how they mimic the appearance and feel of you natural teeth. The end result is that you’ll be happier and more confident with your smile. However, don’t forget to brush your teeth twice everyday so that there are no oral health issues.