Not only is scheduling visits to the dentist every 6 months important where your dental health is concerned, it’s essential to your overall health as well. Unfortunately for many adults and children, following that recommended regimen is not always easy; especially when they have a fear or phobia about going to the dentist. In reality, it’s not the dentist that they are afraid of. It’s the possibility that they may experience pain and discomfort while having their teeth cared for. That is where the compassionate staff at Sedation Dentistry of Sunny Isles can help.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
For many years now, we have provided high-quality Miami dental services that are geared to those individuals who are afraid to visit the dentist twice a year. Avoiding the dentist elevates your risk of gum disease and tooth decay. More importantly, the lack of proper dental care can increase your risk of heart disease and stroke. Our sedation dentistry services in Miami can restore your smile without the fear of pain and discomfort.
So, what exactly does sedation dentistry entail? Sedation dentistry is a dental technique that utilizes certain medication to help the patient relax during a procedure or treatment. Although this is not altogether accurate, it is sometimes referred to as “sleep dentistry”. You are usually conscious while your procedure or treatment is being performed. Even though you are in a relaxed, sedated state, you are still able to respond to the dentist whenever they ask you questions, requiring you to answer them.
Am I a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
Today, there are a number of options to help you relax while sitting in the dentist’s chair to have a procedure or treatment performed. At Sedation Dentistry of Sunny Isles, our goal is to ensure that you have a pain-free, pleasant experience every time you visit our office; whether you are having your teeth cleaned or a complex procedure performed. While our sedation dentistry solutions in Miami are ideal for adults and young children alike, this practice is not for everyone.
So how do you know if you’re a suitable candidate for this type of dentistry? The following are some of the signs that indicate whether sedations dentistry is right for you, your spouse, or your children:
- You have a fear or phobia of visiting the dentist – This malady is more common than you might think. Unfortunately, fears and phobias lead to avoiding those recommended trips to the dentist every 6 months. In turn, this can pose a threat to your overall health and increase your risk of premature tooth loss.
- Even minor dental procedures cause anxiety – Have you cancelled your basic check-ups, cleanings, and so on? If you are doing this repeatedly, it’s important to know that you’re not the only person who does this. Those bi-annual check-ups and cleanings are vital to your dental health, as well as your overall health.
- Your schedule is filled with home and work responsibilities – Although the main purpose of sedation dentistry treatments in Miami is to calm your fears of the dentist, there are other ways that you can benefit. For instance, the dentist is able to complete your procedure quicker, without interruptions.
If you are able to visit Sedation Dentistry of Sunny Isles without fear, and feel totally relaxed while the dentist is taking care of you, you’ll be leaving our office with a smile on your face, and nice-looking teeth.
A Brief Word About Our Services
As your one-stop dental solution for all your family’s needs, we provide the following sedation dentist services in Miami:
- cosmetic dentist procedures
- dental implants procedures
- emergency dentist services in Miami
- preventative/restorative dental solutions
We also offer several other services including: facial aesthetics, oral surgery, gum or periodontal therapy, and veneers/Lumineers. For more information our Miami dental solutions, we encourage you to contact Sedation Dentistry of Sunny Isles today. Call us now to know more about our services and prices.